Ingredients (serves 4)
- Lobe of Fresh Duck Foie Gras
- Siberian Sturgeon Malossol
- Toasted brioche (optional)
- Slice your foie gras in thick slices about roughly 1 inch slices.
- Gently season the foie gras with salt and pepper. Be careful, as the saltiness from the caviar adds to the flavour, you don’t want to oversalt the foie gras.
- Use a non-stick fry pan and don’t use any oil or fat, because the foie gras is 90% fat.
- Sear the foie gras on medium hot heat on each side for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Now this step is important: spoon the released fat from the foie gras back over the slices while frying to create a nice and golden glaze.
- Pat dry the foie gras on a kitchen towel for 5 seconds.
- Place the foie gras on the center of the plate and add a generous portion of Siberian Sturgeon Malossol.