Brillat Savarin is a triple cream cheese from Normandy in France. This means it is made from double cream and full fat milk. It was invented in the 1930s and named after the gastronome Jean Anthelme Brillat Savarin. Who was known for his love of fine food and drink. So this particular French cheese is a relative newcomer to the cheese pantheon.
A matured Brillat-Savarin has a white, bloomy rind with a centre that is buttery-white in colour. The texture of this cheese is dense, moist, and slightly chalky. It has creamy buttery flavours with hints of nuts and earthiness.
We love to serve it with fresh summer fruits such as peaches and strawberries. Or even better, drizzle it with a little of our Truffle Honey for a decadent treat.
Cheese and Wine Pairing
As Brillat is so creamy, it needs some bubbles to brighten it up. The natural acidity found in Champagne and sparkling wine will both cut through this richness so why not try this cheese with a lovely chilled glass of Bollinger or our gorgeous Organic Prosecco.
Our Brillat Savarin is the perfect gift for any cheese lover and makes a great addition to any cheese board.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Cheese: Brillat Savarin, 200g
Region: Ile de France
Milk: Pasteurised Cow Milk
Type: Semi Soft, artisan
Rind: Mould ripened
Flavours: Buttery, Nutty Sour
Allergen Information: Dairy, Trace of Nuts