Creamy fruits with hints of apple and lime
A Top-Notch Chablis brought to you from Frederic Prain! A distinguishing characteristic of all of his wines is ripe fruit and roundness due to his Chardonnay grapes being harvested later than usual.
Unoaked, this wine has beautifully balanced layers of apples and lime with a mineral stoniness and hints of white peach. Creamy on the palate with a gentle refreshing acidity. A delight to taste on its own or enjoy in good company at the table!
White, Dry | 75CL |12.5% ABV
Food and Wine Pairing
Great with oysters, smoked salmon, grilled fish or a seafood and spring vegetable risotto
About the Producer
Established in 1970, at 50 years old Domaine d’Elise is comparatively young compared to many Burgundian estates. Bought by Frederic Prain in 1982 when he decided to swap civil engineering for winemaking – though he did keep his magnificent sports car collection!
With just 13 hectares this pocket-sized Domaine is located at Milly on the slopes above the Premier Cru vineyards of Cote de Lechet. The single parcel of land is split equally between Petit Chablis and Chablis but both parts share much the same terroir which is so full of limestone rocks that it looks more like a beach.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Wine: Chablis, Domaine d’Elise, Burgundy, France
Sub Region: Chablis
Colour: White, Dry, Still
Grape Variety: Chardonnay