Chestnut Honey is considered to be one of the best dark honeys in the world. Dark amber in colour with a reddish hue, it is wonderfully aromatic with intense nutty chestnut flavours.
It is not as sweet as other honey and has a subtle bitterness on the finish which is mouth-wateringly delicious. Packed full of minerals, vitamins and antioxidants and has a high pollen content. As a result, Chestnut Honey is an excellent tonic and boasts many natural health benefits.
Pairs brilliantly with aged cheese or grilled meats. Similarly, works well with gratin desserts. Or why not try it the Tuscan way – drizzled over a piece of Pecorino Toscana with some fresh pears.
This large jar of Chestnut Honey is part of the Brezzo Anthology Collection which uses only the finest honey produced each year. Sold with its own wooden Drizzler, it makes the perfect gift for any discerning honey-lover.
About the Producer
The Brezzo family has been gathering, producing and marketing honey for over 70 years. Situated in the Piedmont area of Italy among low mountains, their bees have access to a pure, pristine and unspoiled environment allowing them to produce honey of the finest quality.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: 100% Italian Chestnut Honey
Storage: Keep in a cool and dry place away from sunlight
Country: Made in Italy