Cuisinier Gascon by Michelin-starred chef Pascal Aussignac is an evocative celebration of the food and culture of his native Gascony. This beautifully photographed book is full of evocative images of Gascony, its food and people. With over 100 traditional recipes, it is also a food lover’s delight and a cook’s heaven. A worthy testament to the talents of both the author and his native land of Gascony.
On their travels to the South West of France, Annik and Attila fell in love with the cuisine of Gascony. They learned about the roots of foie gras, fine charcuterie, cassoulet and exceptional wines. They wanted to share with you the best of Toulouse by Chef Pascal Aussignac’s recipe book Cuisinier Gascon.
Signed copies are now available exclusively online at Urban Merchants. Samples of the recipes from this book are also available on our Recipes page.
About Pascal Aussignac
Pascal Aussignac is a Michelin-starred chef and restaurateur. He cooks in and oversees five award-winning restaurants in London, all of them with a slightly different culinary theme but all of them alluding to and celebrating the food of his beloved homeland of Gascony.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Publisher: Absolute Press
Hardcover: 240 pages