Duck Foie Gras Extra, Flash Frozen (Foie Gras de Canard Entier) 550-750g
When you buy flash frozen duck foie gras be aware that it will arrive semi defrosted and therefore we recommend using it straight away. Consider this when you order foie gras online.
This unique, gastronomic delicacy is famous throughout the world both for its flavour and texture. The fattened liver of the duck is without doubt one of the most sought after and prized ingredients known to mankind. Our foie gras is currently on the menus in several well established top restaurants in London. Both chefs and their customers are raving about its high standard and quality.
We are now offering this very same foie gras to our online customers. Highly recommended!
No need to worry though it is perfectly safe to use as the flash freezing process preserves the freshness and unique irony flavour of this foie gras. Frozen foie gras is perfect for terrines or pates. If you wish to pan-fry the foie gras we recommend buying fresh duck foie gras.
Here is how you do it, at home, in a few easy steps.
Foie gras pate:
– Cut the foie gras in 1.5×1.5 cm pieces and lay pieces on a non-sticky baking tray.
– Season generously with coarse salt, black pepper and a splash of cognac or brandy (careful not to use too much as it may flambé in the oven).
– Put the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 250C.
– Drain the excess fat and set aside. Transfer the foie gras pieces into a blender, while still hot, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
– Your pate is ready to be poured into jars. Then gently pour some of the excess fat on the top of the pate to seal and then refrigerate overnight.
– Simply spread on toasted brioche or toast with a glass of Tokaji wine.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Foie Gras related recipes.
This product is available for trade. Call tel: 0207 515 9933
Note: Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns. Please do consider before ordering. We deliver only in UK!