No need to worry though it is perfectly safe to use as the flash freezing process preserves the freshness and unique irony flavour of this foie gras. Frozen foie gras is perfect for terrines or pates. If you wish to pan-fry the foie gras we recommend buying fresh duck foie gras.
Here is how you do it, at home, in a few easy steps.
Foie gras pate:
– Cut the foie gras in 1.5×1.5 cm pieces and lay pieces on a non-sticky baking tray.
– Season generously with coarse salt, black pepper and a splash of cognac or brandy (careful not to use too much as it may flambé in the oven).
– Put the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 250C.
– Drain the excess fat and set aside. Transfer the foie gras pieces into a blender, while still hot, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
– Your pate is ready to be poured into jars. Then gently pour some of the excess fat on the top of the pate to seal and then refrigerate overnight.
– Simply spread on toasted brioche or toast with a glass of Tokaji wine.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Foie Gras related recipes.
Tournedos Rossini with fresh truffles
Pan Seared Foie Gras and Siberian Sturgeon Malossol
Foie Gras Popcorn
Foie Gras on the Rocks
This product is available for trade. Call tel: 0207 515 9933
Note: Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns. Please do consider before ordering. We deliver only in UK!
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Duck Foie Gras Extra, Flash Frozen (Foie Gras de Canard Entier) 550-750g
Orders received by 12pm on Monday to Thursday will be dispatched next business day and delivered via Royal Mail, or a courier of our choice, to best suit the delivery option chosen by you at checkout. Orders received on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on Monday.
Wine Returns / Refund
Orders may be cancelled up to seven working days from receipt of delivery provided that all wines are unopened and in their original condition. If you are requested at the check out (leave in a safe place or with the neighbour) and your parcel is lost or stolen Urban Merchants will not take responsibility. Due to Covid 19 signature is not mandatory currently up on delivery however proof of age can be requested by the driver. In absence of proof of age Identification driver can refuse delivery and you will be charged for delivery and return. We encourage people over 18 to be present when delivery takes place.
Any damaged bottles must be reported within 24 hours of delivery. Refunds can be claimed on receipt of the damaged bottle and not the whole case. To claim your refund you must provide an image of the damaged bottle by emailing us to email@example.com
It is your responsibility to keep the wines safe and in their original condition until collection is made.
We want to deliver the freshest possible gourmet products to our customers, therefore you will appreciate that there is a delivery cycle that needs to be followed.
Orders received by 12pm on Monday to Thursday will be dispatched next business day by courier service for overnight delivery. Orders received on Friday to Sunday will be dispatched on Monday by courier service for overnight delivery.
The package will contain ice sheets, to ensure that your food item or items maintain their correct temperature and reaches you in perfect condition.
We cannot take responsibility for products that have been returned in absence of the addressee, purchased by mistake or opened.
No claims will be accepted, unless they are made within 24 hours from purchase. Therefore please make sure that there is someone available at the registered address, to receive the delivery between 9am and 5pm.
We recommend that you provide us with a contact telephone number should we need to reach you.
Please note that we currently offer trade prices only in the European Union.
For a price list, please call +44 7899 893708, complete our Enquiry Form or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To place an order, you may call the office number +44 (0) 789 989 3708
or via e-mail: email@example.com.
Ingredients: 100% Duck liver.