Goose Foie Gras Extra, Flash Frozen (Foie Gras d’Oie Entier) 850-950g
When you buy flash frozen goose foie gras be aware that it will arrive semi defrosted and therefore we recommend using it straight away. Consider this when you order foie gras online.
Goose liver is the “Lamborghini” of the foie gras world. For the connoisseur and enthusiast, once you tried it, you will understand the ultimate experience.
Delivered once a week to the UK. Also currently on the menus at several well-established top restaurants in London serving classic French cuisine and gourmet dishes.
We are now offering this very same foie gras to our online customers. Highly recommended.
No need to worry though it is perfectly safe to use as the flash freezing process preserves the freshness and unique irony flavour of this foie gras. Goose foie gras is perfect for terrines or pates. If you wish to pan-fry the foie gras we recommend buying fresh duck foie gras.
Here is why: The goose foie gras is much higher in iron than duck, which means that when you pan fry goose foie gras it can taste burned (bitter), unlike the duck foie gras.
Here is how you do it, at home, in a few easy steps.
Foie gras pate:
– Cut the foie gras in 1.5×1.5 cm pieces and lay pieces on a non-sticky baking tray.
– Season generously with coarse salt, black pepper and a splash of cognac or brandy (careful not to use too much as it may flambé in the oven).
– Put the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 250C.
– Drain the excess fat and set aside. Transfer the foie gras pieces into a blender, while still hot, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
– Your pate is ready to be poured into jars. Then gently pour some of the excess fat on the top of the pate to seal and then refrigerate overnight.
– Simply spread on toasted brioche or toast with a glass of Tokaji wine.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Foie Gras related recipes.
This product is available for trade. Call tel: 0207 515 9933
Note: Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns. Please do consider before ordering.