When you buy flash frozen goose foie gras be aware that it will arrive semi defrosted and therefore we recommend using it straight away. Consider this when you order foie gras online.
Goose liver is the “Lamborghini” of the foie gras world. For the connoisseur and enthusiast, once you tried it, you will understand the ultimate experience.
Delivered once a week to the UK. Also currently on the menus at several well-established top restaurants in London serving classic French cuisine and gourmet dishes.
We are now offering this very same foie gras to our online customers. Highly recommended.
Food and Wine Pairing
Fabulous with Rosé Champagne or sweet wine! It just melts in the mouth with the gorgeous sweetness of our marvellous Moscatel or delicious Sauternes
No need to worry though it is perfectly safe to use as the flash freezing process preserves the freshness and unique irony flavour of this foie gras. Goose foie gras is perfect for terrines or pates. If you wish to pan-fry the foie gras we recommend buying fresh duck foie gras.
Here is why: The goose foie gras is much higher in iron than duck, which means that when you pan fry goose foie gras it can taste burned (bitter), unlike the duck foie gras.
Here is how you do it, at home, in a few easy steps.
Foie gras pate:
– Cut the foie gras in 1.5×1.5 cm pieces and lay pieces on a non-sticky baking tray.
– Season generously with coarse salt, black pepper and a splash of cognac or brandy (careful not to use too much as it may flambé in the oven).
– Put the tray in the oven for 10-12 minutes at 250C.
– Drain the excess fat and set aside. Transfer the foie gras pieces into a blender, while still hot, and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
– Your pate is ready to be poured into jars. Then gently pour some of the excess fat on the top of the pate to seal and then refrigerate overnight.
– Simply spread on toasted brioche or toast with a glass of Tokaji wine.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our Foie Gras related recipes.
Tournedos Rossini with fresh truffles
Pan Seared Foie Gras and Siberian Sturgeon Malossol
Foie Gras Popcorn
Foie Gras on the Rocks
This product is available for trade. Call tel: 0207 515 9933
Note: Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns. Please do consider before ordering.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: 100% Goose liver. No preservative, not artificial colours, no artificial flavours.
Store at 0 – 4C.