Our Noirmoutier Sea Salt Butter is made from sea salt crystals that come from the beautiful small island of Noirmoutier. Just off the Bay of Biscay in France.
In the the 5th century, a group of Benedictine monks decided to transform the island’s wetlands into salt marshes. These sea marshes still exist today and cover the middle of the island and are called salterns. They form a maze of salt canals and clay pools. Each year the islanders harvest the salt with the help of the sun and wind. They still use the same ancient farming techniques that have been passed down from generation to generation.
It is these tiny grains of salt which give this butter its delicious crunch and provides it with its unique lightly iodised taste.
It is absolutely delicious spread on warm crusty French Bread. Or why not try it on your toast with some of your favourite jam for breakfast. This fantastic French salted butter can also be used in your baking.
The purity and quality of the salt found in Noirmoutier Sea Salt Butter have led many to refer to it as ‘white gold’. It is certainly a jewel any foodie would love in their kitchen cupboard.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: Butter, sea salt crystals 2%, salt 1% max (added salt max 3%)