For many, Pont l’Eveque is the king amongst cheeses. This cheese is steeped in history and is also one of the oldest Normandy cheeses still produced today. The story has it that it was introduced by monks in the Pays d’Auge back in the thirteenth century. They insisted that every fine meal should conclude with a serving of this delicious local delicacy.
Made from cow’s milk, this small square-shaped cheese is pale golden yellow in colour with an orangey white rind. It’s texture is rich and creamy. And it boasts a rustic, farmyard flavour with pronounced aromas and a sweet, earthy finish. You can serve it with some fresh apples or pears. Or bake it in the box with some fresh thyme or rosemary for a deliciously warm, gooey treat.
Cheese and Wine Pairing
Pont l’Eveque cheese pairs particularly well with full-bodied red wines when it comes to wine matching. So why not try it with a bottle of our Chateau Reynier – our classic Claret – or our fantastic Rioja Reserva from North East Spain.
Our Pont l’Eveque is the perfect gift for any cheese lover. Also its rich history and unique flavours truly makes it the king amongst cheeses. Bon appetite!
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Cheese: Pont l’Eveque, 400g
Milk: Unpasteurised Cow Milk
Colour: Orange White
Flavours: Full-flavored and creamy
Allergen Information: Dairy, Trace of Nuts