Considered one of the world’s finest blue cheeses, Roquefort Papillon is produced exclusively from the milk of Lacaune Sheep in the area around Roquefort-sur-Soulzon in the south of France.
It has a strong, tangy, and slightly salty taste with a creamy and crumbly texture. Ivory white in colour with blue green veins running through it. This cheese is aged in natural limestone caves for a minimum of 90 days. This ageing process allows the blue mould to flourish and permeate the cheese contributing to its complex flavours. Powerful, rich, with a creamy mouthfeel and spicy finish.
Roquefort is a fantastic addition to any cheeseboard. Simply spread on some warm crusty bread or crackers. And serve with fresh pears and figs, a drizzle of honey and some delicious sweet wine.
Roquefort is very versatile so why not try it in a Prosciutto, Melon, Basil Salad or crumbled into a Broccoli, Walnut and Blue Cheese Pasta Bake. It also works brilliantly as a topping melted over a juicy steak or pizza. Don’t forget to wash it all down with a large glass of red wine, of course!
Roquefort Papillon is much prized amongst cheese lovers who know that this cheese is authentic and made according to centuries-old traditions.
Each pack weighs 330g.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: Blue Cheese Made with Raw Full Fat Ewe’s Milk.
Storage: Keep refrigerated.