Our Smoked Pancetta is an Italian type of bacon very similar to that of streaky bacon. Produced from pork belly, it is seasoned, dry cured and then lightly smoked. And has a distinctly pork flavour, lovely smokiness with a subtle salty taste. Making it ideal for cooking because it adds additional depth of flavour and a hint of salt to all your pasta dishes, soups and stews.
Cut the block into slices or dice into small cubes and use in a similar way to bacon. We love it with asparagus and highly recommend using it to make Pancetta And Mushroom Risotto. Or why not use it as part of a traditional Bolognese Sauce or sprinkle a little crisp fried pancetta over your Spaghetti Carbonara to add yet more flavour.
Similarly, it can add richness to a macaroni cheese or saltiness to a fresh summer salad. Looking for inspiration – try making a Pancetta, Warm Pear and Gorgonzola Salad. It’s so good! Some foods are just made to be eaten together!
So, if you love bacon, we are pretty sure you are definitely going to love our Smoked Pancetta! Very versatile ingredient to have in your kitchen.
Each pack contains approximately 1.5kg of Smoked Pancetta Block.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: Meat Origin UE, Salt, Dextrose, natural Flavours And Spices, Antioxidant: E301, Preservatives: E250, E252.
Storage: Keep refrigerated at 4°C Maximum.