Our Urban Merchants’ Gourmet Selection of Saucisson Sec from The Savoire gives you the opportunity to try our delicious range of dry cured pork and duck sausages. Made from the finest French meat, they all taste great, have wonderful meaty textures and flavours. Selection includes Smoked Saucisson Sec, Duck Saucisson Sec, Espelette Saucisson Sec, Fennel Saucisson Sec and Garlic Saucisson Sec. So there is something for everyone.
This artisan charcuterie is made using traditional methods with a long curing time allowing a great depth of flavour to develop.
These gourmet saucissons makes a fantastic addition to any charcuterie board. And so are the perfect food to share and catch up with family and friends.
Our Gourmet Selection of Saucisson Sec is also the perfect gift for all lovers of French cuisine.
Browse our full range of charcuterie
Did you know that Saucisson has been made in France since Roman times. And the French’s love affair with this fantastic dry cured sausage has never waned. Nowadays more than 100,000 tons of saucisson sec are eaten in France every year. But while there are different types and regional variations, they all share one thing in common. Each saucisson has been perfected with care and passion over the centuries.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
- Garlic; pork meat (EU origin), salt, spices, , lactose, Garlic 0.3%, skim milk powder, wheat dextrose, natural pork casing
- Fennel; pork meat (EU origin), fennel 1%, salt, spices, lactose, skim milk powder, wheat dextrose, natural pork casing
- Espelette; pork meat (EU origin), salt, spices, , lactose, espelette pepper 0.5%, skim milk powder, wheat dextrose, natural pork casing
- Smoked; pork meat (EU origin),liquid smoked aroma, salt, spices, lactose, skim milk powder, wheat dextrose, natural pork casing
- Duck; Pork meat, duck meat 25% (EU origin), salt, lactose, skim milk powder, wheat dextrose, spices, natural pork casing Storage: Store in a dry, cool place. Best served at room temperature.
Storage: Store in a dry, cool place. Best served at room temperature.