“Pata Negra” iberico on the bone. This most intensely flavoured ham comes from the famous Iberian black footed pig. It is fed in the wild entirely on acorns and cured for 24 months in the traditional manner.
This ham comes with its own wooden ham stand and ham slicing knife.
To hand slice a ham on the bone:
- Secure the ham in the ham stand with the hoof facing upwards.
- Using the ham slicing knife, remove the skin and any excess fat from the wide part of the ham (only from the area to be used immediately) and start slicing. Slice along the grain of the ham.
- Slices should ideally be 5cm (2 inches) wide and as thin as possible.
- Once slicing is finished, cover the cut face with cling film to prevent drying out. Store in a cool dry area.
- When the bone is reached, turn the ham and proceed as above.
- When reaching the end of the ham or close to the bone it is advisable to cut the remaining meat into chunks to minimise wastage.
This product is available for trade. Call tel: +44 (0) 789 989 3708
Note: Due to the nature of this product, we cannot accept returns. Please do consider before ordering.
Although nearly any food is capable of causing an allergic reaction, only the bellow listed foods account for 90 percent of all food-allergic reactions. These foods are:
- Cereals containing gluten, namely: wheat (such as spelt and Khorasan wheat), rye, barley, oats
- Crustaceans for example prawns, crabs, lobster, crayfish
- Nuts; namely almonds, hazelnuts, walnuts, cashews, pecan nuts, Brazil nuts, pistachio nuts, macadamia (or Queensland) nuts
- Celery (including celeriac)
- Sulphur dioxide/sulphites, where added and at a level above 10mg/kg in the finished product. This can be used as a preservative in dried fruit
- Lupin which includes lupin seeds and flour and can be found in types of bread, pastries and pasta
- Molluscs like clams, mussels, whelks, oysters, snails and squid
This section is for information purposes on common food allergens, and provides assistance for avoiding these ingredients. If you are unsure or you need more information on certain products please email: email@example.com
At Urban Merchants we pride ourselves on our service levels and strive to offer you a first-class delivery service. To learn more about your delivery options or how to track your order, please see our Delivery Information
If you need to cancel or return any unwanted non-perishable items, please see our Refund and Refund Policy
Please note we CANNOT accept the cancellation and return of any orders that contain item/s that are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly. Therefore, we are unable to accept cancellations or returns for any orders that contain any chilled, refrigerated or flash frozen products after it has been dispatched to you.
Ingredients: Iberian pork ham, salt, sugar, preservatives (E-250, E-252); antioxidant (E-301).