Ingredients (serves 4)
|Balsamic vinegar pearls 50g|
|Incanto 250ml olive oil|
|4 beetroot (2 yellow, 2 red)|
|150g good quality goat cheese|
|Small bunch of fresh basil|
- Boil the beetroots for 25-30 min on medium heat or until cooked through (you can buy these now pre-boiled in a packet if you wish and they are very good too).
- Cool down the beetroots until you can handle them. Then peel and thinly slice with a mandolin.
- In a pan heat olive oil to medium heat and fry a few basil leaves. Make sure the leaves are not wet, they need just a few seconds in hot oil, otherwise they will burn quickly.
- Plate the beetroot as in the picture. Using two teaspoons make quenelle or crumble the goat cheese over the beetroot.
- Garnish with the crispy basil leaves, a drizzle of basil oil, and balsamic pearls. Season with salt and pepper to your liking. When you bite on the balsamic pearls, they will explode in your mouth giving a beautiful combination of sensation when mixing with the basil oil.