Ingredients (makes 24)
|40g Indonesian Javan Light Breaking 69% chocolate, roughly chopped|
|Willie’s Indonesian Gold Chocolate 80g|
|60g slightly salted butter|
|45g plain flour|
|1 tsp baking powder|
|2 tbsp cocoa powder|
|2 large eggs|
|70g caster sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C. Lightly grease the madeleine tins with butter.
- Place the butter in a saucepan over moderate heat until melted and golden brown. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate until melted. Set aside to cool.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder together into a large bowl, then set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar together in a large bowl until very thick and creamy. Whisk in the cooled butter and chocolate mixture until well combined, then very carefully fold in the flour and cocoa mixture until it is just evenly mixed through.
- Spoon the mixture into the madeleine tin, allowing it to come about two-thirds of the way up the sides of each hole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until the madeleines spring back when lightly pressed. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Leave to cool completely. They will keep for up to a week if stored in a cool place in an airtight container, although they are best eaten as fresh as possible. Buy the entire recipe collection Willie’s Chocolate Bible (Hardback edition).