Ingredients (serves 4)
|6 Cumberland Sausages|
|Lentils (ready cooked)|
|Small glass of Red Wine (the rest is for you)|
|1 Large Carrot, 2 Celery Sticks, 1 Medium Onion, all diced as fine as you can|
|Favourite Herbs, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf work particularly well|
|150ml Good Quality Chicken Stock|
|Salt and Pepper|
|Parsley to garnish|
|Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir Reserva, Zapallares, Chile|
- To make a Cumberland Sausages and Lentil Casserole, first prick the skin of the sausages with a toothpick. This will help stop your sausages exploding and releases all their fat and flavour
- Using a large casserole dish, heat some olive oil to medium heat and fry the Cumberland Sausages for 5 mins or until golden brown
- Remove the sausages and set aside. Then fry your diced vegetables in the same pot until they soften but there is no need to colour them
- Add your favourite herbs and season with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken stock and the red wine and bring it to boil for about 5 mins to evaporate the alcohol
- Add a couple of jar Cooked Lentils to the vegetables. Mix well together and add the sausages back into the dish to warm everything through for about 10 mins on a low heat
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- We highly recommend our award winning Chilean Pinot Noir, Zapallares to accompany this dish.
Garnish with parsley and put the whole pot in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves except the wine – that is all for the chef LOL!