Ingredients (serves 4)
|6 Cumberland Sausages|
|Lentils (ready cooked)|
|Small glass of Red Wine (the rest is for you)|
|1 Large Carrot, 2 Celery Sticks, 1 Medium Onion, all diced as fine as you can|
|Favourite Herbs, rosemary, thyme and bay leaf work particularly well|
|150ml Good Quality Chicken Stock|
|Salt and Pepper|
|Parsley to garnish|
|Wine Pairing: Pinot Noir Reserva, Zapallares, Chile|
- To make a Cumberland Sausages and Lentil Casserole, first prick the skin of the sausages with a toothpick. This will help stop your sausages exploding and releases all their fat and flavour
- Using a large casserole dish, heat some olive oil to medium heat and fry the Cumberland Sausages for 5 mins or until golden brown
- Remove the sausages and set aside. Then fry your diced vegetables in the same pot until they soften but there is no need to colour them
- Add your favourite herbs and season with salt and pepper
- Add the chicken stock and the red wine and bring it to boil for about 5 mins to evaporate the alcohol
- Add a couple of jar Cooked Lentils to the vegetables. Mix well together and add the sausages back into the dish to warm everything through for about 10 mins on a low heat
- Taste for seasoning and adjust to your liking.
- Garnish with parsley and put the whole pot in the middle of the table for everyone to help themselves except the wine – that is all for the chef LOL!
We highly recommend our award winning Chilean Pinot Noir, Zapallares to accompany this dish.