Ingredients (serves 4)
|Lobe of fresh duck Foie Gras|
|Pure White Sea Salt|
|100 g pipérade, plus extra to serve|
|100 g fresh white crab meat|
|Crab claws to serve (optional)|
- Prepare and de-vein the foie gras. Season with salt and Espelette pepper.
- Heat the oven to 100°C/Gas ½. Lightly oil and line the base of a small (500 ml size) terrine.
- Place a third of the foie gras on the base of the terrine. Then mix the pipérade into the crab meat and spread half this on top of the foie gras. Press another third of foie gras on top, then the remainder of the crab and pipérade. Finally, top with the last of the foie gras.
- Place the terrine in a small roasting pan and pour enough boiling water into the pan to come halfway up the sides of the terrine dish (a bain-marie or water bath), then cook for about 45 minutes.
- Check the center temperature with a probe; it should register at least 60°C. Remove the terrine from the oven and cool, weighted down lightly on top to press the mixture as it cools.
- Chill, then serve in slices with more pipérade, and crab claws on the side if liked. Buy the entire recipe collection “Cuisinier Gascon” by Chef Pascal Aussignac.