|Lobe of Fresh Foie Gras|
|Siberian Sturgeon Caviar 30g|
|Toasted brioche (optional)|
|Bollinger Special Cuvée, Brut, Champagne, France NV|
- To make Pan Seared Foie Gras, first slice your foie gras in thick slices about roughly 1 inch slices.
- Gently season the foie gras with salt and pepper. Be careful, as the saltiness from the caviar adds to the flavour, you don’t want to oversalt the foie gras.
- Use a non-stick fry pan and don’t use any oil or fat, because the foie gras is 90% fat.
- Sear the foie gras on medium hot heat on each side for about 45 seconds to 1 minute or until golden brown.
- Now this step is important: spoon the released fat from the foie gras back over the slices while frying to create a nice and golden glaze.
- Pat dry the foie gras on a kitchen towel for 5 seconds.
- Place your Pan Seared Foie Gras on the centre of the plate and add a generous portion of Siberian Sturgeon Caviar.
Enjoy with a chilled glass of Bollinger Champagne