Ingredients (serves 6 as a main course)
|450-500g new potatoes|
|Set of 6 cazuela dishes|
|180g goose fat|
|300ml good quality dry white wine divided in 4-6 dishes, the rest for the chef||View Options|
|4-6 sprigs of fresh rosemary|
|4-6 cloves of garlic, crushed with skin on|
|Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to season|
- To make these Roasted New Potatoes With Rosemary and Goose Fat, you need to first soak the cazuela dishes in tepid water for half an hour. While you are doing this, preheat your oven to 200C.
- Divide the potatoes into your cazuela dishes. Pour equal quantities of wine over the potatoes and add 1 clove of crushed garlic to each dish. Then add 3 tsp of goose fat and some sprigs of rosemary. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Cover each cazuela dish with tin foil and place in the oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the heat to 160C and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
- Gently lift the tin foil but be careful as some steam will escape. Using a toothpick or fork check to see if the potatoes are cooked half way through.
- At this point, remove the tin foil and increase the temperature back to 200C and cook until the potato skins turn golden brown and are nice and crispy. Shake the dishes occasionally or stir the potatoes to re-cover them in the goose fat so they crisp up evenly.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed.
- Serve your Roasted New Potatoes With Rosemary and Goose Fat on the side with your favourite roast or fish dishes.
A perfect alternative to the traditional roasted potatoes and they are quicker and taste better!