Ingredients (serves 4)
|Lobe of Fresh Duck Foie Gras|
|1 Jar Piquillo Peppers: Wood Roasted with Garlic 290g|
|Pure White Sea Salt|
- To make Rolled Foie Gras Piquillo Peppers, first you need to devein the foie gras. Divide into two long pieces and season with Salt and Espelette Pepper.
- Place one half of foie gras lengthways on a sheet of clingfilm then lay the piquillos on top, trimmed to fit. Top with the rest of the foie gras and roll up in the clingfilm, twisting the ends like a sausage.
- Put a large pan of water on the boil. Lay the clingfilmed sausage in a steamer basket and steam for about 10 minutes over a medium heat.
- Then remove the roll, cool on a plate and pierce true the clingfilm a few times to release the fatty juices. These you should gather into a small jug.
- Chill the roll until firm, then unwrap your Rolled Foie Gras Piquillo Peppers. Serve in slices with the reserved juices brushed over each slice.
Make’s a perfect starter for your dinner party…
Buy the entire recipe collection “Cuisinier Gascon” by Chef Pascal Aussignac