Ingredients (serves 4)
|Fresh Scallops 2 per person|
|Spicy Artisan Chorizo (Chorizo Sarta Picante) 300g|
|Piquillo Peppers: Wood Roasted with Garlic 290g|
|Hot Spanish Smoked Paprika 70g|
|Olive wood board to present|
- First pat dry your fresh scallops and season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chorizo and the piquillo pepper into long strips.
- Pan fry the scallops and spicy chorizo at the same time. It should take about 1-1.5 mins on each side or until golden brown.
- Thread the skewers through the piquillo pepper, the scallops and finally the spicy chorizo just as in the picture.
- Present the skewers on the olive wood board and if you want to get them “smoking hot”, sprinkle over a good pinch of Hot Spanish Smoked Paprika.
These make a delicious appetizer or snack…