Ingredients (serves 4)
|400g fresh Sea Scallops or two per person|
|Oscietra Caviar 30g|
|White Truffle Oil|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil 55ml|
|2 Baby Courgettes|
|2 Shallots peeled and finely chopped|
|1 small cup of Sour Cream|
|1 small cup of Vegetable Stock|
|100ml White Wine Vinegar|
|Few sprigs of Dill and Micro Salad Leaves|
- To make this wonderful seared scallops dish, first use a speed-peeler to peel the courgettes in long ribbons, add the white wine vinegar, pinch of salt and white pepper. Let it sit on the side for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry the scallops with paper towel and sear them each side in a hot pan for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and add the chopped shallots. Sauté over medium heat or until golden brown for about 6 minutes.
- Pour the stock, the juice released from the courgettes and the white wine vinegar over the shallots and reduce the juice to half. Whilst reducing you can start placing the courgettes in such a way that allows the scallops to sit on top of the courgettes.
- Pour the sauce over the courgettes, add the seared scallops and a teaspoon of sour cream next to the scallops.
- Now be generous with the Oscietra Caviar to impress your guests and add a few drops of White Truffle Oil to finish your work of art.
- Season with sea salt and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Champagne please.