Ingredients (serves 4)
|400 g fresh sea scallops or two per person|
|Caviar: Osetra Malossol 30g|
|Black Lava Salt from Palm Island – Hawai 40g|
|White Truffle Oil|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil 55ml|
|2 baby courgettes|
|2 shallots peeled and finely chopped|
|1 small cup of sour cream|
|1 small cup of vegetable stock|
|100 ml white wine vinegar|
|Few sprigs of dill and micro salad leaves|
- Use a speed-peeler to peel the courgettes in long ribbons, add the white wine vinegar, pinch of salt and white pepper. Let it sit on the side for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry the scallops with paper towel and sear them each side in a hot pan for about 1 minute or until golden.
- Remove the scallops from the pan and add the chopped shallots. Sauté over medium heat or until golden brown for about 6 minutes.
- Pour the stock, the juice released from the courgettes and the white wine vinegar over the shallots and reduce the juice to half. Whilst reducing you can start placing the courgettes in such a way that allows the scallops to sit on top of the courgettes.
- Pour the sauce over the courgettes, add the scallops and a teaspoon of sour cream next to the scallops.
- Now be generous with the Osetra Malossol caviar to impress your guests and add a few drops of white truffle oil to finish your work of art. Season with black lava salt and garnish with fresh herbs.
- Champagne please.