Ingredients (serves 4)
|4 x 150-200g Beef Fillet from your local butcher|
|Flash Frozen Duck Foie Gras|
|Black Summer Truffles with Marsala Wine 25-30g|
|Incanto Extra Virgin Olive Oil (250ml)|
|Pure White Sea salt|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
|100g Unsalted Butter|
|1 Small Onion, peeled and finely chopped|
|150ml Malbec Reserve, Domaine Bousquet, Argentina 2018|
|250ml Veal Stock|
|4 slices toasted Brioche|
- To make Tournedos Rossini, first season the beef with salt and pepper.
- Heat your pan until hot, combine olive oil and half of the butter to sear the beef each side for 3-4 minutes (for medium rare beef) then set aside to rest.
- Heat a saucepan to medium heat. Add the rest of the butter and cook the onion, until soft.
- Add the Madeira and reduce by half. Add the red wine and the veal stock, reduce by half. Whisk in the remaining butter and cook for 30 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice your foie gras in thick slices about roughly 1.5 – 2cm slices. Use a clean non-stick fry pan. Don’t use any oil or fat, because the foie gras is 90% fat.
- Sear the foie gras on medium hot heat on each side for about 45 seconds to 1 min, until golden brown. Set aside and keep warm.
- For serving, place each fillet of steak on a slice of toasted brioche then top with foie gras. Gently pour the Madeira sauce over and garnish with slices of shaved truffles. Serve your Tournedos Rossini immediately.
- Pure luxury on a plate…Pour yourself a glass of our fantastic Malbec and enjoy…