Ingredients (serves 4)
|Ponzu sauce with yuzu|
|Chopped fresh chili|
|Your favorite pickles (optional) cucumber or radishes|
|Simple green salad|
|Freshly ground black pepper|
- Take the wagyu steak out of the fridge 15 mins before using and open the package to air the meat.
- Mix in a bowl, the chopped chilli and garlic with ponzu sauce and set aside, ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat, season the steaks with freshly grounded pepper. No salt. (saltiness will come from the sauce and salting at this point will draw the moisture)
- Fry in a dry pan (no oil) for 3-5 mins for a rare steak, but if you prefer more cooked it is up to you, but I wouldn’t recommend, you may be disappointed and loose the real juiciness of the steak.
- Once fried, leave the steak to rest for a few minutes. Resting after frying is very important, that is how you retain the juices in the meat.
- While the steak is resting, prepare your green salad with a simple olive oil and vinegar dressing.
- Slice the steak into long strips , then cut the stripes into bite size pieces. I have served the dish with chopsticks, but fork and knife is perfect, it is entirely up to you.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and extra ponzu sauce on the side for sauce lovers.
Best way to taste wagyu ribeye in my opinion and I hope you’ll enjoy as much as we do.