Ingredients (serves 4)
|Ponzu Sauce with Yuzu|
|Chopped Fresh Chili|
|Your favorite pickles (optional) cucumber or radishes|
|Simple Green Salad|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper|
- Take the wagyu steak out of the fridge 15 mins before using and open the package to air the meat.
- Mix in a bowl, the chopped chilli and garlic with the Ponzu Sauce and set aside, ready to serve.
- Heat a frying pan to medium-high heat, season the steaks with freshly grounded pepper. You do not need to add salt as the saltiness will come from the sauce and salting at this point will draw the moisture of the meat.
- Fry in a dry pan (no oil) for 3-5 mins for a rare steak, but if you prefer more cooked it is up to you, but I wouldn’t recommend, you may be disappointed and loose the real juiciness of the steak.
- Once fried, leave the steak to rest for a few minutes. Resting after frying is very important, that is how you retain the juices in the meat.
- While the steak is resting, prepare your green salad with a simple olive oil and vinegar dressing.
- Slice the steak into long strips , then cut the stripes into bite size pieces. I have served the dish with chopsticks, but fork and knife is perfect, it is entirely up to you.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and extra Ponzu Sauce on the side for sauce lovers.
This is the best way to taste wagyu ribeye in my opinion and I hope you’ll enjoy as much as we do.